Sunday, August 22, 2010

R.I.P. Mr Berrywinkle

Well, I was right, not that that makes me feel any better. And did you know that dead hobbit bodies crumble into dirt as soon as you expose their whole body to the open air? No, I didn't either - I guess you learn something new everyday.

Mr Berrywinkle was kind and old and always offering cake when you walked past his door. I still can't fathom how anyone would cause him grief! You know I was talking to Miss Serena, the Oracle who lives next door to Mr Berrywinkle, and she was telling me about how he was due to celebrate his eleventy third birthday. Such a dreadful shame.

Of course, Miss Serena is even more saddened by the fact that this happened right next door to her and she never got a whisper of a premonition. In fact, I think that terrifies her straight through to the bone, if I had to take an educated guess on the matter.

And now there is the added stress of having to suspect people I know of committing such a terrible crime. I can rule Sam out, since he is in Bermuda at the moment - unless hobbit bodies don't decay while underground (Oh crap! I hadn't thought of that, looks like I need to put Sam back on the list). Both Camilla Lefanu and Jackson Compton have admitted to knowing what Hobbit blood tastes like.

For the moment I think Camilla is more likely to have killed Mr Berrywinkle, after all she has no scruples and she is completely less impressed with men than she is with women. Jackson, though, is my wild card. You see he has been to supernatural boot camp. He knows how they all tick, he knows how to kill with his bare hands. But then again, boot camp is designed to create a human army to protect the supernatural.
Could it be possible that Jackson has crossed over to the dark side?

No comments:

Post a Comment