Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What do you do when you find a....

...skull in your back yard?????

And an odd one at that??????

Check out the picture. As you can tell I've cleaned it up some what:



After the whole 'freaking out because there was a human skull buried in my yard' thing, I calmed down a little and managed to do a Google search. You would never guess what I found...and who would have thought that typing 'human skulls with bricks in their mouths' in to Google would be fruitful?...Anyway, to get back to the story (can you tell I'm still a little crazy-scared???), it turns out that people who were suspected of being...wait for it....the good bit's coming.....VAMPIRES (told you it was good ;-P ) were buried with a brick in their mouth.

It turns out that skulls like this have been discovered before in places like Venice and Poland. The belief stems from the a belief that the plague was actually caused by vampires. Apparently a brick placed in the mouth of the suspected vampire prevented them from spitting blood and therefore infecting hapless humans that just happened to be standing around.

Although, personally, if someone had just died of the plague, you wouldn't find me just waiting around for them to turn into a blood sucker and spit their infection at me {shrugs}. But then again - each to their own.

Of course this still doesn't explain the weird smell coming from my yard - what else is hidden there??????

No comments:

Post a Comment